Environmental Management Systems Program
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a continual cycle of planning, implementing, reviewing and improving the processes and actions that an organization undertakes to meet its business and environmental goals. An EMS can assist your organization in complying with regulations more consistently and effectively. It also can help you identify and capitalize on environmental opportunities that go beyond compliance.
Why Develop an EMS ?
EMS can result in both business and environmental benefits. For example, an EMS may help your organization:
- Increase Efficiency
- Improve Environmental Performance
- Reduce Costs
- Enhance Compliance
- Improve Processes and Performance
- Prevent Pollution and Conserve Resources
- Identify / Reduce / Mitigate Risks
- Attract New Customers and Markets
- Enhance Employee Morale
- Enhance Organizational Image with public, regulators, lenders, investors
- Achieve / Improve Employee Awareness of environmental issues and responsibilities